EGLOBAL Mini PC FAQs
F1: How to add RAM, Storage and WiFi module if I have barebone fanless mini computer only?
Before installing RAM for the mini computers, make sure you know clearly the RAM style the mini computer required. You can use the link: http://ark.intel.com/ to search CPU details and learn the mini computer's RAM style(DDR3, DDR3L, LPDDR3)
Difference of DDR3, DDR3L and LPDDR3. Laptop memory is 204pin(SO-DIMM DDR3) and desktop memory is 240 pin(DDR3).
Then pls install Storage and WiFi module step by step the following picture guide, it is suitable for Eglobal fanless mini computer serial, exactly pls check your barebone computer.
1) The mini computer support 2 storage: 1pc 2.5" HDD and 1pc Msata SSD together.
Step 1, open the mini itx alloy case, find the SATA and mSATA port on the computer motherboard.
Step 2. Add 2.5 inch SATA HDD or SSD and its power cable.
Step 3. Input mSATA SSD, use one screw to fix it (one 1).
Step 4. Plug the WiFi module into Mini PCI-E slot, use the screw inside the bag to fix it.
After fix the antenna, external antennas just fix to the screws.
Step 5. Use 4 screws to fix the 2.5 inch SATA HDD or SSD onto the computer bottom case, and then fix the mini computer ally case, now its over and you will find SATA and mSATA placed.
F2: Password for Eglobal mini computer pre-installed Linux or Openelec XBMC O/S
Password is 123456.
F3: How to enter BIOS?
After the mini computer start, pls press “ Delete” or “ Esc” to enter BIOS.
F4: Will it be very hot since the mini computer CPU has no fan?
Eglobal fanless mini computer using aluminum alloy case to help CPU heat releasing, so even it is fanless, it won't be very hot, normally around 36 centigrade degree around the mini pc.
This is real testing from one of our customers, tested model: V2-C1037U and 5257E
When normal web browsing, office work and online chatting, temperature surround the CPU part alloy case from 36°C to 39°C; When the CPU load maintained at 60% ~ 60%, temperature surround the CPU part alloy case from 40°C to 43°C, when touching won’t feel thorny hot;
Testing summary: this fanless mini computer is quiet with no noise, the thick aluminum alloy case is good for heat dissipation, very suitable for using in living room and bedroom at home.
Suggestion: Let the mini computer stand by the plastic holder we supply freely or mounted back of monitor if the package include VESA Bracket you bought.
F5: Is the mini pc enough to run XBMC in living room and connect to big size TV?
Yes, the mini computer also HTPC, widely used in living room connected to TV via HDMI cable, HDMI up to 1920*1080 HD resolution.
F6: After set the Mini PC to "Stand by" mode, I cannot wake it up directly by touch keyboard or mouse, no matter long press the power switch or short press the power switch, the mini pc will restart directly instead of wake up, how to solve it?
To wake up the computer directly via mouse or keyboard, you should not close your hard disk when the computer goes to "stand by" mode, go to Power Options and set the hard disk never turn off will be ok. Operate step by step as per the following picture:
If you are using Win7 OS: First, click on the battery icon and go to “Power Options”, you can also find “Power Options” from “Control Panel”.
Secondly, click the > Change advanced power settings link in the bottom left.
Hard disk: Set it never turn off the hard disk in sleep mode.
If you are running XP: Open the Control Panel and switch to Classic View (if not already selected), Select Power Options and adjust the settings in the power scheme, select never turn off hard disks,choose ok to save your changes.
Once keep your Hard disk wake, you can wake up the mini pc directly by moving your mouse or touch the keyboard directly.
F7: Power indicator light is not on after Eglobal mini computer(install RAM and SSD well) connect with power adapter
Try to use a new power adapter 12V to test the mini computer
F8: Power indicator light is on but display nothing after Eglobal mini computer(install RAM and SSD well) connect with power adapter
1. Make sure the VGA Cable/HDMI cable between the PC and display is well connected.
2. If that doesn’t work, change a VGA/HDMI cable for trial.
3. Make sure the memory you use is the same kind as per Eglobal mini computer requirement.
4. Close the power and try to open the mini computer case carefully, check if the memory plugged correct or loose, unplug the memory and wipe it up by nonwovens then insert it on the mini computer, connect power adapter and re-start it.
5. sometimes the problem comes due to CMOS battery problem, the CMOS battery remember some error information and make the computer no display, you can remove and try it again.
F9: I lost the drivers, what to do if I want to reinstall the system?
You can find drivers from our company website http://www.pcstationcn.com/Column8.aspx or use software tools to get driver directly, here is some free software tools information: http://www.pcstationcn.com/News30.aspx
F10: The computer does not respond and the curse does not move
1. Firstly, make sure the mouse and the keyboard are connected. Re-plug the connectors and make sure they are secure.
2. If that does not work, try to force problem applications to quit. Then save your work in any open applications and restart the computer to be sure the problem is entirely cleared up.
3. If you are unable to force the application to quit, press and hold the power button of the mini computer for five seconds to shut down the computer.
4. If that does not work, unplug the power cord from the computer. Then plug the power cord back in and start the computer again.
5. If the problem occurs very frequently when you use a particular application, check with the applicator’s manufacturer to see if it is compatible with your computer system.
F11: Computer freezes during startup or you see a flashing questions mark
Wait a few seconds if the computer doesn’t start up after a delay, shut down the computer by pressing and holding the power button for 5 seconds. Restart the computer to see if the problem has been solved, if not, check the system preferences and set Startup Disk to local system folder.
F12: Computer does ‘t turn on or start up
1. Make sure the power cord is plugged into the computer and into a functioning power outlet.
2. If that does not work, press the power button for above 5 seconds to see if the computer starts.
3. If that doesn’t works either, unplug the power cord, and wait for at least 30 seconds. Restart the mini computer after plugging the power cord.
4. If you are still unable to start up the mini computer, please contact us for service.
F13: Having a problem with an application
1. Make sure that you are using a licensed operating system.
2. Contact the software manufacturer to check its compatibility with the mini computer.
F14: Having problems with your Internet connection
- 1. Make sure your network cable is connected and functioning properly.
- 2. If you are using a dial-up Internet connection, make sure that your cord is plugged into a modem port and not the Ethernet port
- 3. Locate your Internet settings and the contact information for your Internet service provider (If you used the Setup Assistant to get your Internet account)
F15: How to setup AWAL on the mini computer
1. click " Delete" or “Esc” to enter BIOS
2. click " Chipset"
3. click "PCH-IO Configuration"
4. click " Restore AC Power Loss" and select " power on"
F16: How to check if the storage partition
1. click " Desktop" by right mouse
2. click " Computer Management"
3. click " Storage"
4. click " Storage Management"
F17: How long lifetime of the mini computer
Lifetime of our fanless mini PC is more than 10 years.
F18: The mini computer shutdown every 30 minutes
1. Please unplug power, open chassis and pull out of Ram, use clean cloths wipe golden plug of Ram
2.Pull out of CMOS button battery, wait a few seconds, then reinstall battery and Ram, remember plug ram deep into slot completely.
3. If the above operation cant solve the problem, the PC should update BIOS. Please contact our Pre-sales to get the update BIOS software and how to do.
F19: How to operate if the PC install dual OS
You can press “ F11” to select two different Operating System you want:
1. “ Sata pm: KingFast” into Win7 64bit O/S
2. “ Sata pm: T0SHIBA MK3265QGSX” into Openelec XBMC O/S
Remark: Default Win7 64bit O/S.
Welcome to download EGLOBAL Mini PC FAQs via the link: